Featured

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Why the name Krishna?

JAY SHREE POOJYASHREE SHREE AMMA
JAY MAHAN BRAHMASHREE GOPALAVALLIDASAR
JAY SHREE RADHEKRISHNA SATHSANG

Dear Readers,

In this article let us have a look at the divine manifestations of Lord Krishna as told by Lord Krishna Himself to Arjuna in Srimad Bhagwad Gita. He has given numerous examples to Arjuna about his auspicious manifestations. After reading about these manifestations there shouldn't be left any doubt about the supremacy possessed by Lord Krishna in the minds of all the readers.
There is no other God who has told that Yes! I am supreme! except Lord Krishna.This entire universe exists on an infinitesimal part of his power. The space, our planet earth, the nature are all a part of his energies only. Coming back to the descriptions now:

Aadityanaamaham VishnujyortHishaam raviranshumaan
Marichirmarutaamasmi nakshatraanaamaha shashi

Of Aditays I am Vishnu, of luminous bodies I am the radiant sun. Of the Maruts, I am Marici, and among the constellations I am the moon.

Chapter 10 verse 21.

Meaning:
Of Adityas who are twelve in number, I am the twelfth Adtiya, called Vishnu who is paramount. Of luminous bodies, namely, among luminaries in the world, I am the sun, the most brilliant luminary. Of Maruts, I am the paramount Marici. Of constellations, I am the moon who is the Lord of the constellations.

VedHanaam SaamvedhOasmi Devanaamasmi Vasavaha
Indrayanaam Manashrasmi Bhutanaamasmi Chetana

Of the Vedas I am Samaveda. Of gods, I am Indra. Of sense-organs, I am the Manas (mind), and of living beings, I am consciousness.

Chapter 10 verse 22

Meaning:
Of the Vedhas, namely Rigvedha, Yajurvedha, Saamavedha and Atharvavedha, I am the Samavedha which is the paramount one. Of the gods I am indra the king of gods. Of sense organs, I am the mind which is the most important and powerful sense organ. Of living beings, i.e. those with consciousness, I am that consiousness.

Rudhranaam Shankarashravasmi VitteshO Yaksharkshasaam
Vasunaam Paavakshravasmi Meruhu Shikhrinaamaham

Of the Rudras I am Shankara. Of the Yakshas and Raksasas, I am the Lord of wealth (Kubera). Of the Vasus, I am Agni. Of the mountains, I am Meru.

Chapter 10 verse 23

Meaning:
Of eleven rudras, I am Shankara. Yakshas are celestial beings with magical powers. Among Yakshas and Raksasas I am Kubera, son of Visravas. Among the eight Vasus I am Agni. Of mountains, namely of those mountains which shine with peaks, I am Meru.

Puroghasaam cha mukhyam maam ViddHi Paarth Brihaspatim
Senaninaamaham Skandaha sarsaamasmi saagaraha

Among family priests, O Arjuna, know Me to be the chief Brihaspati who is the paamount. Of commanders or generals on a battle-field, I am Skanda. Of reservoirs of water, I am the ocean.

Chapter 10 verse 24

Maharishinaam bhruguraha giramasmyekamAksharam
Yagnanaam japayagnOasmi stHavaranaam Himalayaha.

Of great seers (rishis) I am Bhrgu. Of words, I am the single-lettered word Om. Of sacrifices, I am the sacrifice of Japa (chanting). Of immovable things I am the Himalayas.

Meaning:
Of great seers like Marici etc I am Bhrgu. Words are sounds that convey meaning. Of such words I am the single-lettered word Om. Om is the first sound to have emanated from the universe. Of the sacrifices, I am the sacrifice of Japa (sacred formula silently repeated) which is the most prominent form of sacrificial offerings. Of immovables or mountains, I am the Himalaya.

Let us look at many other auspicious manifestationsof Lord Krishna in our forthcoming issues.

…..to be continued

Sarvam Guruvarpanam

0 comments:

 

Vigyaana Vedhaa Design by Insight © 2009